Sunday, September 4, 2016

White Dwarf & Putrid Blightkings

This week I'm visiting my company's offices in London. Since I had some free time, I decided to find some stores that sell miniatures. Since I have never visited any official GW store, I decided to visit Warhammer Tottenham Court Road. The store itself is great and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I bought the new White Dwarf (with the free Slaughterpriest mini, yay!) and a box of Putrid Blightkings.



The new White Dwarf is pretty good. This issue reminds me (a lot) of the issues that I read during the late 90s - the same issues that made me fall in love with Warhammer and miniature wargaming in general. I really like "The Tale of Four Warlords" and the battle report (and there's a lot of other  interesting articles in this issue).

I was looking for Putrid Blightkings for some time - I think they are going to be great in our Regiments of Renown or Warbands games (and they can be used for Mordheim as well). And of course, the minis are fantastic and they are going to be very fun to paint. I have some ideas for a Regiment involving some Beastmen and one Blightking - can't wait to assemble the models and start playing.

However, the real gem was "The End Times: Glottkin" book I stumbled upon by pure luck. It was on offer in Dark Sphere store for 15 GBP and I bought it immediately. I was looking for these books for some time, because I want to collect the End Times storyline (and the artwork is great as well). I also like the  Legions of Chaos rules presented in the book - there are some really cool ideas I might try to add to our RoR rules, or make a few RoR scenarios based on events described in these books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment